Cheesy Sausage Green Bean Casserole
By Thrive Life · 1 servings
- 1 cup Thrive Life Instant White Rice
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Thrive Life Sausage Crumbles
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 leek, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup Thrive Life Green Beans
- 2 cups Thrive Life Pepper Jack Cheese (rehydrated)
- Prepare rice according to instructions on the can.
- In a medium skillet or saucepan, heat the olive oil. Add the sausage, onion, and leek to the pan. Sauté until onions and leeks are translucent, around 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and rice, and cook until the garlic is fragrant, and the rice is coated with the sausage and vegetable mixture, about 2 minutes. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pan, turn the heat to low, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and fold in the green beans and half of the cheese. Cover and cook until the green beans and rice are tender, around 5 minutes longer. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese, cover, and let stand off the heat until the cheese is melted. For a crisp top, broil briefly. Serve hot.